Sunday, March 24, 2013

Reading List Update

At this point I have finished one book and taken a break from another. Unfortunately The Core Six doesn't quite fit with my goals right now. I do think it would be an ideal book for a teacher looking for specific teaching strategies to help them meet the Common Core. They are very explicit in their explanations, have classroom examples and provide the research that backs the strategy. The strategies are ones that I'm sure many teachers are familiar with, but the book also ties them into the Common Core and explicitly shows how these strategies can help teachers meet the Common Core standards.
The next book I want to try is Using Common Core Standards to Enhance Classroom Instruction & Assessment.   After looking at the preview on Amazon though, I think I want this book in hard copy, which means it'll have to wait until I can get to the bookstore this week. It seems to have a lot of charts and might be the type of book that I'll want to flip through for specific topics. In meantime, since I have Connected Educator, that'll be next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment